SBC kicked off autumn activities at the beginning of September. We made our first appearance at Walrus (Mursu) Expo and met a lot of new, interesting faces. At the end of the day, 45 fresh new members joined us!
In this photo, board members Heini, Elina, Paige and Ben (who's taking the picture) await new Walruses at the SBC booth.
The following Tuesday, SBC invited new and old members to join us in brainstorming future SBC activities. The program included meeting the board, introducing SBC as an organization, active brainstorming, socializing and snacks.
In this photo, seventeen enthusiastic members from a range of study programs and countries joined us at Info Night.
Most of Info Night was about active brainstorming. We split into small groups and rapidly brainstormed new ideas to the following questions:
- What skills do we want to learn?
- What causes/issues/themes do we care about?
- What companies do we want to visit?
- How can we use SBC to make a difference?
SBC members are looking for a team
The evening was social and thought-provoking. We came up with a lot of new ideas and 3 members have since pitched new event ideas and are looking for team members:
- Claudia is organizing an On the Couch event for AYY Development Cooperation Week 2015. She needs a few excited people to help her come up with an interesting discussion topic, find a speaker and set up the event (to be held a Helsinki Think Co. on Oct 26).
- Katja is organizing an event in Helsinki for the Global Sustainability Jam at the end of October. She needs some sustainability enthusiasts to help bring this event to life.
- Annina wants to organize fun activities for newly arrived refugees. She needs a few interested people to help her develop this idea further and find some corporate partners.
SBC member Tilman and his team are organizing a sustainability networking event during which SBC members can mingle with employers hiring in the fields of CSR and sustainability. The event is set to take place on October 15.
October 15 - Sustainability Networking Event